Congratulations to T.H.E H.O.P.E Walkers who took out our December fundraising competition and raised the most money in the two weeks before Christmas, winning a deluxe Trade Aid hamper! We’ve got something even bigger for January…
The old adage ‘you’ve got to be in it to win it’ has never rung more true as we move into serious but exciting fundraising territory for the month of January. Oxfam Trailwalker fundraising has been increasing steadily and we need your help to lift fundraising to that next level as we push over our first $100,000.
To add a bit of motivation, we’re running the easiest Oxfam Trailwalker competition we’ve ever had, with the winning team taking home…
A two-night stay in a one-bedroom apartment and three Hilton Guest Rooms for your team and support crew. Thanks The Hilton Lake Taupo!
How it works?
From January 7 - 20, for every $50 donation you get on your team, you’ll be in the draw to win this luxurious prize! And even better news, should someone donate $100, $150 or even $250 in one sum, we’ll award you with the appropriate number of entries, i.e 2, 3 and 5 in the above instances.
How to get started?
1) Check to see how close you are to your fundraising target. If you are within $250, it’s time to raise it to encourage more donors to support you. Donations tend to stop or the amounts become smaller once you get close to reaching your target.
2) Make a list of all your friends, family and colleagues who you have yet to make contact with.
3) Touch base via email or through a phone call to make ‘the ask’ of $50. It’s moments like this when it’s important to let your donors know of the real and tangible difference $50 can make in the lives of those living in poverty (see an example below).
4) Send out a tailored email for this competition like the one below or organise for it appear in your corporate/community news.
I’m contacting you today because I need your help!
I may not have told you yet, but in a little under three months I’m taking on a once in a lifetime challenge with three people as part of Team (insert name here). We’re walking 100km in 36 hours to raise vital funds to support Oxfam New Zealand as they work in the Pacific to reduce poverty and injustice.
It’s very likely that we’ll walk through the night (with little or no sleep) until the end and to help us get across the finish line, we’ve been training really hard for a number of months.
We also need a spot to stay in Taupo and The Hilton Lake Taupo are giving us an awesome chance to win! Entries into the competition are unlimited, all it takes is for a supporter to donate $50 to our team and we get an entry into the competition. Every $50 donated equates to one entry, so if you donate $100 we get two! Don’t forget the money is going to a make a huge difference in the lives of so many people in the Pacific and make walking each km worth it for our team.
This is where you come in! Make a tax deductible donation to our team page (insert link here) and we’re in the draw.
Thanks for all the support, you’re helping us challenge ourselves and challenge poverty.
What difference can $50 make?
1) Donations must be received from 12am January 7 through to 12pm January 20.
2) Donations must be by a person as opposed to an event fundraiser.
If you have any questions about this fundraising competition, please don’t hesitate to email or call our office on 0800 600 700.