Latest news and event updates
Choose your start time
Thank you to all the teams who chose their start time by upgrading their fundraising target by $500*. Start times will be communicated to all teams in the event guide which will be emailed on March 27.
Bivouac Outdoor are hosted exclusive Oxfam Trailwalker gear nights in February, keeping the stores open late just for you. Bivouac has a huge range of discounts based on your team’s fundraising commitment.
Join our Hall of Fame
Brand new for Oxfam Trailwalker 2013, we are super stoked to announce the launch of the Oxfam Trailwalker Legends programme.
Auckland and Wellington training weekends
Volunteer registration still open
You can now register to help us out at Oxfam Trailwalker 2013.
Mix up your training – go for a Parkrun
Mix up your training with an easy jog with Parkrun.
Congratulations Oxfam Trailwalker!
Oxfam Trailwalker has been awarded the Special Events Charity Fundraising Award (the fancy way of saying best fundraising event!) at the Fundraising Institute of NZ (FINZ) Fundraising Excellence Awards, held at parliament mid-May. FINZ is the professional body for all those involved with fundraising, sponsorship and events in the not-for-profit sector so it's awesome to be recognised with this accolade from our fundraising peers.
Oxfam Trailwalker has also won the most sustainable event award from NZ Association of Events Professionals (NZAEP) three years running. You can read more about this award and Oxfam Trailwalker's committment to sustainability.
Essential event info is emailed to all team members on a monthly basis. It is also posted here.
- March 13 - Competition winners and the biggest upgrade competition yet
- February 12 – Gear night details and some tried and tested fundraising favourites
- January 29 – Six great reasons to head along to your training weekend!
- January 16 – Win some t-shirts by taking part in our Icon logo competition; get some great fundraising ideas and find out how you can bag your own personal loo!
- December 19 – Make sure you take advantage of Shoe Clinic's fitting service; find out about our sweetest fundraising idea ever and get the lowdown on the upcoming training weekends.
- November 28 – Get your fundraising rolling with your personal team page and Oxfam Unwrapped credits; find out who your fundraising helps: meet Kency who is training for a brighter future in Vanuatu; plus hydration advice from our new sponsors, R-Line Electrolyte Drink.
- October 31 – See why spending time on facebook is actually productive, details on FREE Christmas cards to sell to boost your fundraising, where to find training schedules for your team, and read the first of our tips to harness your sustainability superpowers.
- October 3 – In the first event alert for Oxfam Trailwalker 2012 find out how to login and spruce up your team page, your number one fundraising resource.
Support crew event alerts
Support crew assigned to team pages get their very own Event Alerts too! You can also read them here.